Every year, I get asked about the work achievement I’m most proud of. Usually, I point to a campaign with big results, achieving fantastic growth as a business, or bringing a host of new talent into the agency. But for 2022, I’d have to say something a little different.
Undoubtedly, 2022 was a difficult year for business everywhere. But more than that, people across the world faced huge challenges in day-to-day life. At times like these, it’s easy to batten down the hatches and focus only on ourselves. But not at MOI.
Making a difference in 2022
Looking back at 2022, I’m most proud of the fact that, despite the pressure building in every walk of life, we put more time and financial focus than ever before on creating change for good.
Here’s what we got up to.
- Change for good: Working together, our people and solutioners teams launched a program that lends Turning Heads thinking to charities on a weekly basis, all to help people less fortunate than ourselves.
- Supporting Ukrainian refugees: In this unprecedented time, we sent 15 boxes of medicine and warm clothing to support refugees in Ukraine.
- Sustainability: Our operations team shone a spotlight on sustainability, resulting in our commitment to go carbon neutral and play our part in combating climate change.
- Financial support: Increasing our financial contribution scheme gave our extended MOI family vital support in today’s tough economy.
- Time to Talk, Agents of Change: Led by our people team, we launched two programs to give all MOIers an environment where they can thrive and be their best selves.
- Time to Move: We pooled together all the exercise we undertook as individuals to hit targets and donate to charities close to our hearts – while keeping our own hearts healthy!
- Turning Heads: More customers than ever before entered our Turning Heads process, changing the way they solve problems while delivering programs with maximum impact.
- Ideas and innovation: We experienced greater uptake of Turning Heads behavior within the agency, our people devoting more time to developing ideas and sparking innovation.
Going even bigger in 2023
So, while 2022 may have been a tough year, there was still plenty of opportunity to create change for good.
And 2023 might only just be getting started, but things are already shaping up nicely.
We’re expecting to build steady growth in the early quarters, ready to spring into high growth mode as economic positivity returns. And that puts us in a strong position to continue finding new ways to do good out in the world.
Finally, there’s one more reason I’m excited for 2023: I’m pleased to announce that Caroline Lotinga is stepping into a Global SVP role.
Caroline will connect our local leadership teams in each region to become a truly global team that shares and develops ways to grow our clients and people worldwide, while retaining and encouraging our thriving local cultures.
I‘d like to finish by wishing you a great and prosperous 2023!